The Importance of GATE Mock Tests
If you are preparing for the GATE 2024 exam, you have landed on the right page. We all take different coaching, create study plans and complete extra hours of studying to ace the exam, but is that all that is required to have intense preparation?
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a national-level examination which is conducted annually to offer admission to master’s programmes, postgraduate engineering (ME/M.Tech) and other analytical-based courses related to the field of engineering or architecture by some of the top tech universities of the country like IIT, NIT, IISc, etc.
GATE scores are also used by multiple PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings) to hire candidates for various jobs at Indian Oil, GAIL, Hindustan Petroleum, etc. Therefore, the competition level is very high. Students from across the country register for this examination, but not all of them succeed in landing an offer.
The aim should be to complete the syllabus and cover every concept with clarity because the questions can be tricky. The best way to check whether you have prepared for the exam correctly is by taking the GATE mock test.
Here are the top 5way how mock tests help prepare for the exam.
- Familiarise yourself: Mock tests are very similar to real question papers. Attempting these tests helps students to familiarise themselves with the exam pattern and check their knowledge.
- Time management skills: Attempt the mock tests as if taking an exam. This helps you to learn how to manage your time during the examination.
- Builds confidence: Once candidates get familiar with the exam and are able to solve problems and fill the gaps, they feel more confident.
- Check knowledge: It helps track whether you use the right concepts. By attempting the mock tests, candidates can check where they are lagging and then work accordingly to fill in the gaps.
- Revision: It is the best way to revise all the concepts and check whether you are using them correctly or not.
How to Attempt GATE Mock Tests Online
The examination conducting authorities have released the mock tests for GATE on the website of GATE IISc. The mock tests have been released for all the papers. Mentioned below are the steps through which you will be able to attempt GATE 2023 mock tests online.
- On the homepage, click on the link for GATE mock test 2023.
- Soon, a login panel will open, on which the “Sign in” tab will be displayed.
- Provide all the required details to log in.
- Once students have logged in, they can attempt the mock tests.
The test timer will indicate the remaining time left to complete the paper. The results for the same will be displayed soon after the answers are submitted.
There are various online websites where you can get free mock tests. Taking at least 4-5 mock tests before appearing for the final examination is advisable. Apart from this, candidates are also advised to go through the GATE previous year question paper for more familiarisation.
Highlights of GATE 2024
As per the information released, the application forms for GATE 2024 will be released in August 2024. In January 2024, the admission card will be made available. The deadline for students to submit their applications is October 2023. In November 2023, the facility for application corrections will be available.
Mentioned below are other essential details regarding the examination.
|Exam Date||February 2024|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1500|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Question Papers||MSQ/MCQ/NAT|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|